Monday 11 February 2013

Mondays Armchair Activity

Happy valentines week, mmwwaaahhh!!! If truth be told I am not hugely into valentines but for the sake of conforming I shall be lovey dovey for a week.. I hope you enjoy it!

So for today activity I have something super duper easy for you!

PAINTED PEGS!!!

So I have decided that doing washing is really really boring so today we shall paint pegs to make it a tad more interesting!!

Right this bit is cheating slightly, but before you get to your sofa/armchair you should paint you pegs in a mix of colours, using acrylic paints.. well that is if you don't want paint all over your living room!
Give them about an hour, and they shall be dry yay and then you can be lazy and plonk your bum in front of the telly!!

In order to create something beautiful you will need:
  • your painted pegs
  • a permanent marker pen
  • super glue
  • sand paper
  • buttons and other option accessories!

I am not doing separate steps for this, there is just no need!! All you have to do now is draw on your pegs in whatever patterns you fancy, or you could leave them plain and sand some bits of paint off for that shabby chic feel!! And you can then ever super glue things to your pegs, bottons, glitter, string, pom poms the opportunities are endless!!





I think these pegs with the little map hearts are my fav, they would be really cute for wedding place settings or even as a wedding favour and they could be decorated in the wedding colours!


So in the spirt of valentines, I made my peg kiss!! Excuse the crude penmanship but I was just doodeling!!



And on an unrelated note, I thought Id share the pics of my newly screen printed fabric with you, I shall be cutting it all up into cushions over the next couple of days!



I hope you all had a fantastic Monday, I will see you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment