Friday 1 March 2013

A big baked bean tin project!!

 I know that it is not summer quite yet but I thought I best start sorting out my slight mess of a garden. The previous tenants of my house, destroyed it slightly but sorting it out is going to be my new project.

So I began today by painting baked bean tins in bright red, waiting for them to dry, sanding them up, putting a plant in them and hanging them up! 
I thought decorating the boring trellis at the back of my garden was a good place to start, as I don't have to dig up any weeds and it only takes a few minutes meaning my fingers don't go too blue!!

I used some really pretty blue heather to fill my pots with, and it was only 50p meaning it wont cost be too much to finish and obviously all the tins are free, I only have two at the moment though so I should probably get on eating some more beans really! I think I am going to need about 20 more of them to dot around the trellis, all painted in different bright colours, holding an array of different plants and flowers.

I'll keep you updated with my progress and any ideas would be much appreciated! 
Have a good weekend everyone. x









No comments:

Post a Comment