Monday 11 March 2013

Mondays Armchair Activity

Hello Hello

Today I am showing you how to do a very simple decorative, spring wreath, all you will need is: 

  • a polystyrene ring, available from all craft shops
  • string
  • glue (pritt stick and the super variety)
  • paper, I have chosen brown
  • buttons and other decorative objects
  • handmade paper fans


Step 1. Tear long strips of paper, I have ripped both edges because I wanted a softer approach, but you could cut straight edges if you like. Then put some pritt stick on to your polystyrene ring and begin wrapping the paper round until it is completely covered.



Step 2. Now you can start applying your decoration, I have begun by adding a paper doiley to break up the circle.


Step 3. Now you can add all of your pretty little bits. I have made some little fans out of some of my favorite paper, use super glue to add them at different intervals for texture. Once you have done tat you can add some little buttons or skeleton leaves, then finish it all up using some hessian string to hang up your wreath!






Easy peasy!! you can use anything you like to decorate your wreath and obviously they can be altered for different seasons, why not try wrapping your wreath in wool and stitching on buttons etc! Good Luck, nanight!

No comments:

Post a Comment