Tuesday 26 March 2013

How to wrap the perfect gift

It is my Moms birthday tomorrow and she and my dad are coming down to visit me in Winchester on Thursday so I have spent my day today wrapping her present. I would love to be able to show you what I got her but that will have to wait until Thursday!

I think it is really important to have a beautifully wrapped present, what's the point in spending hours picking a well thought out gift and then just chucking it in a gift bag?! I love to use bold papers and colours when I present my gifts, try using lots of different wrapping papers too, it makes everything look more exciting! Also try sticking shapes and other objects to your paper, one of my favorites is attaching masking tape to the paper to write messages on, its a good alternative to a gift tag and because masking tape is partially transparent, you ca still see your gift wrap underneath.

Why not try making your own gift bows, they are super easy. All you need is strips of paper, a stapler, buttons and super glue. 
Make loops out of the paper, overlap them and staple together in the centre, then use a bit of super glue to stick a button down, to cover the staple, easy!!

Tomorrow I will be making some birthday cupcakes, so come back and have a look if you want to now how to make royal icing flowers.





No comments:

Post a Comment