Tuesday 12 March 2013

This did not go well

I thought I would share with you, something that went really wrong today! The idea of what I was doing would have worked with a little bit of tweaking but I thought it important to share the big failure with you instead! This is the horrible risk the crafting brings with it... well that is a little more dramatic then it actually is, basically sometimes things go wrong but as long as you learn from the the worst that can happen is that you'll waste some materials and at least you will learn something eh?!

So I was attempting to dye some fabric, having blocked out little crosses with masking tape, these are the bits I wanted to stay white and the rest of the fabric I would dye black. This would have worked if I had used a better quality masking tape, like frog tape or if I had painted the dye on instead of immersing the fabric in the liquid. But hey ho such is life!




Here though is something that did go right (yay!), My blackboard pot plant. It's not quite done yet but I thought the fact that it does actually work as a blackboard was far to exciting to wait to share it with you... so here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment